Enquiries to: Archivist.
Access: ., by advance appointment only
Description of main collections: Material concerning the growth and activities of the Congregation spanning almost four centuries. Earliest documents date from circa 1640 and are found in archives attached to the original convents in Lisbon, Galway and Cabra with particular emphasis on the period 1719-.
Documents relate to:
- Foundations both in Ireland and abroad in North and South America, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia
- Relations internal to the Dominican Order, with ecclesiastical authorities and other congregations
- The sisters’ involvement with all levels of education: primary, secondary, third level and ecumenical
- Other pastoral ministries undertaken by the sisters especially after the Second Vatican Council.
- Annals and photographs of sisters and their ministries.
- Papers from sisters who have carried out research over the years.