Enquiries to: The Diocesan Secretary
Access: By appointment or postal enquiry
Description of collections:
- Papers of Archbishop Michael Fogarty (1904-55). Includes correspondence with W. T. Cosgrove.
- Papers of Bishop Michael Rogers (1955-67). Includes letters written from Rome during the second Vatican Council.
- Papers of Bishop Michael Harty (1967-94). Includes much documentation concerning his involvement with the International Commission on English in the Liturgy.
- Papers of Monsignor Ignatius Murphy (d.1993). Research materials of Mgr. Murphy, who was the diocesan historian.
- Notebooks of Canon John Clancy: mainly extracts from nineteenth century newspapers.
- Parish notes: files for each parish consisting mainly of returns to a questionnaire relating to antiquities, folklore and churches, prepared by Dermot F. Gleeson in the early 1940s.
- Material on microfilm relating to Killaloe from the Congregation de Propaganda Fide in Rome, 1620-1900.
Address: Westbourne, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Telephone: (065) 6828638